Thursday, April 29, 2010

Party Girl Art Doll!

Full view of the Party Doll
Close-up of Party Doll



Hi Friends,




From one of my online groups we are celebrating the 5 TH birthday of the group by making "Party Art Dolls". We could make our dolls whichever way we like as long as they have a hat. :) So I drew lots of different body shapes looking for the one that I really liked and cut that shape out of red felt. Then I made the face with a technique I learned many years ago. My doll wanted a hat full of colorful flowers so I crocheted a few ..free form and attached them to a little flat basket round that I had in my stash. I folded it in have to give it a form before putting in the flowers. I really like the label that I added, which reads " Good Friends, Good Memories, Good Times". I have had so many nice swaps on this group and have made lots of wonderful caring friends. PARTY ON! :)
If you haven't left a comment for my previous post, go check out my Bird Shrine. :) Thanks

7 comments:

Myra said...

She is fabulous Norma. I love the bird shrine too - so colorful!

Serena said...

She certainly looks like she's in the mood for a party...wonderful job, Norma! Is this doll for a swap or do you get to keep her?

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Serena,

I made her for the fun of it but some of the ladies in the online group will be swapping theirs. So I don't know yet.

Hugs

Shashi Nayagam said...

Norma just trying to catch up and I see that you have been busy. What a wonderful doll and the bird shrine is so cute.

PeggyR said...

I love her!

Pam said...

Your party girl certainly looks ready to party. I love her hat.

Melinda Cornish said...

the hat is my favorite...........all the flowers are so carmen miranda bright...I know she had fruit but you know what I mean......