Saturday, November 10, 2012

New Art and Getting ready for Thanksgiving!

Hi Friends,
Wow, I can't believe that it has been a month now since I last posted! Where does time go?
Please forgive me if I have not visited your blogs but I have tried to catch up on a few. Since September, I have been really busy with lots of things so the thing you tend to put on the back burner is your blog!
But here I am and hope all of you understand.  :)
I have changed my Blog Header with something for Thanksgiving! It reads" Your Friendship Is a Blessing" Every season has it's blessings and it's memories to recall.....But something special happens with the coming of the Fall........
There are lovely Autumn flowers, leaves of brillant colors, too
And the feeling of Thanksgiving in the thought of friends like ALL of You!!!

Now I would like to share some of my recent art .

Birthday gift for my friend, Myra

Felted change purse for my friend, Myra

I used real leaves coated in acrylic paint to stamp onto fabric Tag for my friend, Brigitte

Second tag for my friend, Brigitte

Asian Quiltie for my friend Pam C. (Private Swap)

Asian Quiltie for my friend, Debbie's Birthday

Autumn PC made for a Swap

Shabby Chic Angel Tag for a Swap1

Shabby Chic Angel Tag for a Swap
 

Sahbby Chic Angel tag made for a Swap 3

Fabric PC made for a personal swap (2 Colors and a Button)

Out of Africa Doll I made for a Swap.

Doll I made for Halloween from a pattern supplied by my dear friend, Duendes in Italy.

Birthday postcard made for my friend, Helen

Altered Paper Mache Torso made for my friend, Helen's Birthday

Altered Apron Handpainted by Me for my Friend, Pam C. (Personal Swap)

Hope you have liked my latest creations!
Hugs and take care.

15 comments:

PeggyR said...

Oh my you have been busy, I love what you came up with. I've kind of been building up my stash of decorative paper and fabric with different techniques.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work Norma

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Peggy,
Yes, I have been really busy! :)
I love decorative papers and maybe you can use some of those fabrics on the postcards for our group swaps.
Hugs

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Margaret,
So happy you liked everything.
Hugs

Duendes said...

Una gran preciosidad...haces trabajos tan originales.Felicitaciones.

Ascension said...

Me encanta todo lo que he visto, son unos preciosos trabajos.
besitos ascension

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hola querida Duendes,
Gracias por tus lindas palabras sobre mis trabajos.
Un abrazo y besito

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hola querida Ascension,
Que bueno que te han gustados mis trabajos.
Un besito y abrazo

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

o.0 you have been really busy!! you have made some lovely things

i am so glad thanksgiving isn't celebrated here, way too much stress :p

but i love fall :D all the gorgeous colours

Sandra M. said...

Amo tutte le tue creazioni Norma!

Shashi Nayagam said...

what beautiful gifts they are. All your recipients are going to be over the moon.

BumbleVee said...

Well, WOW ..... no wonder you don't have time to blog..... you've been busy woman!

We are still at it as you know....but, the painting got done finally...just some touch ups to do ...and the floor is sealed ...one area to repair still..... the cabinets...well, that shop is not on my Christmas card list! We wait ..... for them to fix things that are not right still......

Love the things you've been making ...the little Out of Africa dolly is a sweetie.... and love the little pink chickadee...

I keep saying you American gals should mutiny and just refuse such a late Thanksgiving date this close to Christmas.... our was over a month ago..closer to the end of harvest season, which I think it should be ..to give thanks for the harvest etc... .... .which is okay.... but, this is just waaaay too late.

Margarita Korioth said...

Lovely work dear Norma! The bird and apron are my favorites :)

Sylvia said...

Muy bonito Norma, me gustan todos.
Besos

Pam said...

Love them all. YOu and your friends have been busy this fall. My fav is that apron. It is lovely.