Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hi Friends,

I know you have heard me say this before but "Where does time go?" I can't believe that it is December 5th already and we are JUST 20 days away from Christmas!  I hope everyone is ready for the holidays or almost getting there. :)
To set the mood of the Christmas Season, I took a picture of my poinsettias in the front of my home and have used the photo as my header. Aren't they gorgeous! I took the picture early in the morning when the flowers still had the morning dew. :)
I think, I am almost done. Gee, I have been working non-stop for the past 4 months.
But all is good.

My dear friend, Duendes ( who lives in Italy) and I had our First personal swap this year. She is an amazing doll maker mainly Elves. You can see her work here: http://terradeduendes.blogspot.com/
Some of you are already familiar with her work. :)
She knows, I love Santas so she sent me the cutest hanging Santa holding a star. He is now on my studio door so I can enjoy him everyday! She also sent me an oven mitt with a chicken head. I have to laugh because I thought it was a reindeer. But my friend corrected me after she had a few laughs. :)
I was dying to have one of her Elf dolls but instead she sent me the most adorable Elf head which is a magnet for my fridge. Isn't he cute? I love his freckles! :)
 Thank you again my friend for the lovely gifts and for your wonderful friendship! Here are the photos:
                                                     Hanging Santa by Duendes
                                                    Oven Mitt by Duendes
                                                   Elf head magnet by Duendes     
       
                                Two of Three gifts I sent to my friend, Duendes:
                                               Handmade Angel with a ceramic head!
                                                 Christmas Mug Rug for Duendes
                 The Third gift was a pattern for some Troll dolls. You can see it on her blog.

Here are some more things I have made:

                                Hand drawn and painted Birthday Cat for my friend, Wanda!
                               Second Birthday gift for my friend, Wanda.   Sitting fabric cat!


                                     Pergamano Christmas card for my friend, Kathy!
                                  Hand drawn and painted Christmas Bear for my friend, Kathy!
                                         Little Christmas Bird Ornament for my friend, Kathy!

                                 Another hand drawn and painted Christmas ornament by me.
                  Hand drawn and painted Christmas Ornament for my friend, Joann by me,
                              Hand Drawn and painted Christmas ornament for my friend, Paula.
                                      Christmas Mug Rug for an online swap for Maureen.
                                                        Christmas paper postcard!
                                 Christmas wreath that I made for the outside of my home!

Hope you like the things I have created.
Love and hugs to All





25 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Wow-you have been one busy woman making all these wonderful Christmas things!!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Norma sorry I have been a bit absent from visiting blogs lately as life has been throwing spanners but hopefully there will be light at the end of the tunnel.
Love your lovely gifts that you made and that you recieved. Have a wonderful festive season

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Janet,
Thanks for your lovely comment.
Hugs

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Shashi,
Yes, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. :)
So happy you like the gifts and other things I have made.
Hope you have a wonderful hoiliday season too!

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

ack!! don't talk about xmas lol bah humbug :p

Serena Lewis said...

WOW! You have been busy, Norma. What a wonderful array of gifts, given adn received. Gorgeous work...I particularly love that little bird!

Enjoy the rest of your week. xx

Pam said...

Norma, You have been busy. Those hand painted ornaments are just lovely. And all the others also. Hope you have a Wonderful Holiday Season. We are leaving soon for a week in Mexico (cruise) with our son and family. Will check on your blog when we return.

BumbleVee said...

as usual....you've been BIZZY! no wonder the time flies for you.... and I love all the gifts as well as all the things you made yourself.

Well, time always does fly anyway doesn't it? Even if we are just hanging out cleaning, pouting and more cleaning and swearing and more cleaning. My hands are like velcro... ... yep.... that's my days right now...and today again...the kitchen cabinet place made me more furious that I already was. Honestly, I could choke the life out of the idiots at that place. I will have no kitchen by Christmas....no oven hooked up.... I'm buying a little chicken from Safeway I guess...

PeggyR said...

You have been very busy! Love what you have come up with!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Jennifer,
Oh don't be a Scrooge! LOL
No "Bah Humbug" in my life.
Hugs and hope you get into the Holiday Spirit!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Serena,
So nice of you to visit. I have missed you. Hope you are feeling better. Thanks for your lovely comments.
Hugs

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Pam,
So happy to see you visit. Glad that you liked the handmade ornaments and the rest of the things. Have a fun and safe cruise.
I am leaving on vacation too next week.
Hugs

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Vee,
Thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comments.Sorry to hear your kitchen wont be ready before Christmas. I guess your TRUSTY Toaster Oven will be used again to bake your delicious sweets, right?
Wishing you all the best.
Hugs

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Peggy,
So happy you liked all my new creations and the things I have received too.
Hugs and thanks for stopping by

Dianne said...

You certainly have been busy Norma. You have made some very clever ornaments I love love love your pointsettia in the festive header.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work Norma. You are very talented.
Have a very happy Christmas

Redanne said...

Hi Norma, goodness you have been a very busy bee! I love the little bird ornament you made (it looks quite steampunk) and the wreath for your door is fabulous. I also love the poinsettia from your garden, that is quite stunning. Thank you for your visit and lovely comment. Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas. Hugs, Anne xx

Myra said...

Norma, I always love seeing your creations. Lovely gifts you received. Your poinsettia is amazing! Wishing you all the best this holiday season my friend.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Dianne,
So happy you came by and visited. Happy that you like all my new creations and the Header.

Keep well and Happy Holidays!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Margaret,
Thanks for your lovely comments.
Hope you have a Lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Hugs

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Anne,
So nice to see you visit again. Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I am so happy you enjoyed seeing everything. Yes, I have been a Busy Bee! LOL
Hugs and have a wonderful Christmas and a Joyous New Year!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,

So happy you liked everything that I made and received. I agree my poinsettias this year are amazing! I love them and so happy you do too.
Have a wonderful Christmas and a New Year full of blessings.
Hugs

victoria said...

Yo quiero en esta navidad, poder armar un árbol dentro de mi corazón y colgar en él, en lugar de esferas regalos y adornos, los nombres de mis más queridos amigos, familia, y gente a quien amo, los que viven lejos y los que viven cerca, los antiguos y los más recientes, los que veo todos los días y los que raras veces veo, lo que siempre recuerdo y los que a veces olvido, los de las hora más difíciles, y los de las horas intensamente felices!, los que sin querer me hirieron, aquellos que conozco profundamente y aquellos que conozco poco, mis amigos humildes y mis amigos importantes, los que me enseñaron valiosas enseñanzas y los que tal vez un poquito aprendieron de mi, quiero que éste árbol tenga raíces profundas y fuertes!para que os nombres de mis amigos, familia y seres queridos nunca jamás sean arrancados de mi corazón, y que sus ramas se extiendan gigantes! para colgar nuevos nombres que venidos de todas partes se junten con los existentes, un árbol de sombra agradable, para que nuestra amistad, amor confianza y cariño sea un momento de reposo en la lucha diaria de la vida, quiero que el espíritu de la navidad haga de cada deseo la más hermosa flor! de cada lágrima una sonrisa! de cada dolor la más brillante estrella! y de cada corazón una dulce y tierna morada para recibir a Jesús.....
Feliz Navidad!!!!

Duendes said...

Muchas felicidades en esta navidad que tus proyectos se concreten exitosamente y que el nuevo año te traiga mas bendiciones...
abrazo dos Duendes.

Pam said...

Merry Christmas.